- If you did not verify your identity when you signed up for an account, tap on the ⚙️ icon on the top right of the FTX App and tap Settings.
- Tap Account Limits or Linked banks & cards.
- Enter your legal first and last name and date of birth and tap Next.
- If you have previously registered using a different account, enter your home address (no PO Boxes). Otherwise, tap Manually enter address instead. Tap Next.
- Enter your phone number and a code will be sent to you via SMS. Enter this on the next page to verify your account.
- Congratulations! You’re ready to fund your account and buy or trade.
- To use Debit/Credit, you will need to do full identity verification. Tap on Account Limits in your settings menu to fully unlock your account for greater limits and ability to use debit/credit cards.
- You must be 18 years old to open a FTX App account.
- Residents of the State of New York cannot sign up for FTX App (formerly Blockfolio) Trading at this time.
If you have questions, please contact Customer Support.
If you are experiencing unsuccessful attempts in uploading a photo of your passport, driver’s license, or state ID (US users), here are some things that you need to check:
- The ID should be fully visible showing all its borders clearly.
- No blockage, obstruction or any removal of information.
- The image should be bright enough to make the details clear and readable.
- Make sure there are no glares on the image.
- The ID is not expired or damaged.
- Country on your account and your ID should match. If not, please contact support.
During the start of the ID verification process, a list of supported ID types is given so kindly make sure that the ID you are uploading is supported. We do not accept IDs that are not part of the list. If you do not have any of the supported IDs, or it has already expired, we advise you to apply for, or renew, a supported ID so that you can successfully upload an ID in your account.
Identity Verification and Address Verification Troubleshooting:
If your address is not being verified successfully, kindly see the list below for possible reasons and solutions:
- Information Mismatch
- Make sure that all your information is exactly the same as what is shown on your legal documents.
Tip: Use your full legal name. Using your nickname is not advisable.
- Invalid Address
Tip: Input your address in a different format.
Input only the apartment/unit number (no words such as “apt” or “unit”).
Input the apartment/unit number on a separate line
- Not Enough Information on Record
- There is not enough information provided that can fully verify that you are 18-19 years old.
If you're still unable to successfully verify your identity after several attempts, please contact Customer Support to initiate a manual review. Include copies of your identification documents.