Users have the ability to automatically synchronize your Bitfinex wallet(s) to your FTX App Portfolio(s). After enabling this feature, you’ll never need to manually enter your Bitfinex transactions to your FTX App Portfolio(s) again. Instead, you’ll be able to freely transact in Bitfinex, then simply launch or refresh your FTX App app to view your synced portfolio(s). If you still prefer to enter transactions manually, the auto-sync feature is easy to toggle off. To enable Bitfinex auto-sync, follow the simple steps in this guide.
What you’ll need:
- Desktop Bitfinex account and credentials
- Latest FTX App app
- 10 minutes
- Log into your Bitfinex desktop account.
- Hover over your User Profile (avatar in upper right corner), then click API from the drop down menu.
- Within the API tab, click Create New Key.
- Under the Permissions header, check all (and only) Read permissions. (IF YOU SELECT ANYTHING OTHER THAN READ-ONLY PERMISSIONS, YOUR SYNC WILL BE UNSUCCESSFUL.)
- Where prompted, enter an arbitrary API Key Label (ex. test), then click Generate API Key.
- Enter the 2FA token, then click Submit.
- In your email account, open the Bitfinex email, then click Create API Key in the email body.
8. To use QR sync, proceed immediately to Step 9. Otherwise, collect and securely store the auto-generated API Key and API Key Secret.
9. Launch the FTX App.
10. Tap More and then Track. Swipe to the target portfolio, then tap ⚙️.
11. Tap Exchange Connections (second from top).
12. Select Bitfinex from the list of available Exchange Connections.
13. To use QR sync, tap the QR code, then position the Bitfinex QR within your mobile device’s camera window. Otherwise, enter or paste your API Key and Secret Key where prompted.
14. Select additional sync preferences by tapping Advanced Import Options. (this is optional)
15. Review sync preferences, then tap Add Connection.
16. Allow time for the connection to be established.
Note: Once the connection is established, the Establishing Exchange Connection bar will disappear.
17. Compare the portfolio to your Bitfinex account to confirm wallets were correctly synced.
If you have any troubleshooting issues or other specific questions or concerns, please reach out to Customer Support via Email. And as always, if you found this content useful, please Like, Follow, and Share us on Twitter and Facebook!