The "You In?" Sweepstakes
Sponsored by FTX.US (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The "You In?" Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on October 1, 2021 at 12:01 AM EST and ends on October 31, 2021 at 11:59pm EST (the “Promotion Period”).
- Agreement to Official Rules. By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by these “Official Rules.”
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. (excluding New York and Florida), eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, who are New Traders. A “New Trader” is an individual that has not already made and/or completed a first trade on the FTX App (defined below) at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are also not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter. You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two ways:
- Entry via the FTX App: During the Promotion Period, New Traders may enter by completing the following steps:
- You will need to download the FTX mobile app available on iOS, Android and/or the web (“FTX App”) and create an FTX App account to participate via this method of entry, if you do not have the FTX App already.
- Enter the code “YouIn” as instructed by FTX when prompted in the FTX App.
- Within the FTX App, (A) sign up for trading subject to the required verification process; and (B) make a first deposit of no less than $10 USD into your FTX App account.
Eligible persons that satisfy each of the steps above during the Promotion Period will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. No automatically generated, photocopies or other form of mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
Only one (1) entry per person, household and/or email address is permitted, regardless of method of entry. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries received from any person who has already engaged in a first trade via the FTX App will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
Note: To claim a prize in this Sweepstakes, the potential winner will be required to create an FTX App account. Creating an account will require the collection of personal information for identity verification purposes. Potential winners that do not create an FTX App account and/or if their FTX App account is not approved by Sponsor via the verification process will be disqualified. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THAT ENTRANTS’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS TO CLAIM A PRIZE HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND FULFILLED, AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- Prize Drawing: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on or around November 7, 2021. The drawing will be conducted either by independent persons or a computer program that randomly chooses the winner, from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding. Sponsor’s clock will be the official clock for the Promotion Period.
- Prizes and Odds: The prizes to be awarded from the Sweepstakes are as follows:
One (1) winner will receive cryptocurrency valued at $1,000,000 (USD), the specific cryptocurrency to be selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion (e.g., Ethereum; Solana etc.).
The odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received. The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other substitution of the prize is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace the prize (or any portion thereof) if it is lost or stolen. The winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to the prize. You agree to provide Sponsor with any additional information and complete any required tax or other forms relating to your receipt of the prize.
DISCLOSURE: THE VALUE OF CRYPTOCURRENCY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THERE CAN BE A SUBSTANTIAL RISK THAT IT COULD LOSE VALUE (POSSIBLY ALL VALUE) AS A RESULT OF BUYING, SELLING, OR HOLDING CRYPTOCURRENCY.
- Notification of Winners. The potential winner will be notified by email and will be required to respond to such email within 48 hours of date/time email was sent by Sponsor. The potential winner must also sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within five (5) days of notification. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails (e.g., resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by an email client or for insufficient space in an email account to receive an email). If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to respond to the email in the time allotted and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, their prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries. Potential winners that entered the Sweepstakes by mail that do not create a new FTX App account timely (if they do not already have a FTX App account) will forfeit the prize. Winners must have an active FTX App account at the time of awarding the prize. Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks of winner verification. Upon prize forfeiture or inability to use a prize or portion thereof, no compensation will be given, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to that entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability.
- Sponsor is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties or any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to you (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, on the Sponsor’s promotional website located at ftx.us/youin and Blockfolio.com/youin the Sponsor’s homepages located at blockfolio.com and those of our partners and our social media channels (including https://instagram.com/ftx_app/, and https://www.twitter.com/ftx_app), without additional compensation.
- Additional Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion (a) the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, in all instances without liability to the entrants. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
- Third Party Platforms. If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to comply with all rules and policies set forth by such Third Party Platform and to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize related activities. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
- Winners List. For the name of the prize winner, send an email message to email@example.com with “Winners - The "You In?" Sweepstakes” as the email subject and Winner - The "You In?" Sweepstakes specified in the body of the email. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period. The winner list will be available after the winner has been verified.
- Sponsor’s Address: West Realm Shires Services, Inc. d/b/a FTX U.S., 2000 Center Street, Suite 400, Berkeley, California 94704.