The FTX Ancestral Recall Giveaway
Sponsored by West Realm Shires Services Inc. dba FTX US (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE Giveaway IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The FTX Ancestral Recall Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) begins on Friday January 7, 2022 at 12:01 AM EST and ends on Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:59pm EST (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the Sponsor on or before the end of the Sweepstakes Period through the means provided in order to be eligible. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all winners.
- Agreement to Official Rules. By entering or participating in the Giveaway, you accept and agree to be bound by these “Official Rules.”
- Eligibility. The Giveaway is open to (i) legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., other than Florida and New York, and (ii) those who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Residents of each of Florida, and New York, United States territories and possessions and any territory in which the Giveaway is void or prohibited by law are disqualified from entry and shall not be considered when selecting the winner. Entries from legal residents of those affected territories or from countries and territories outside the United States shall be deemed void, without refund or other compensation to the affected entrants. Employees of Sponsor, any of Sponsor’s partners affiliated with the Prize, (each a “Partner”) and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are also not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the potential winner.
- How to Enter. You may enter the Giveaway in one of two ways:
- Entry via Donation to Charity: On Friday January 7, 2022 FTX will tweet the official rules and opening of the Giveaway. To enter, participants must retweet that post, follow @FTX_Official on Twitter, and then respond to the tweet with a screenshot of a receipt of a donation of $10 or more to any 501c3 charitable organization. Entrants will only receive one entry into the Giveaway.
- Entrants will need a twitter account. To create a twitter account, visit www.twitter.com. By submitting your information and creating a twitter account, you will be required to agree to the twitter terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to twitter’s terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create an account.
- Entry by Email: To enter by email without obligation, send an email to Sponsor at email@example.com with the subject line “FTX Ancestral Recall Giveaway” and include your name, address, city, state, zip, e-mail address After submitting the required information in the email, you will receive one entry into the Giveaway. Limit: one Giveaway entry per person.
Entries must be sent as provided in these rules and must be received within the Giveaway Period to be valid for participation in the award of a Prize. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. No automatically generated, photocopies or other form of mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. The Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THAT ENTRANTS’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS TO CLAIM A PRIZE HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND FULFILLED, AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- Prize Drawing: All Giveaway entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on or around Wednesday, January 12, 2022. Prize winners will be chosen at random. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other substitution of the prize is permitted.
- Prizes and Odds: One (1) winner will receive a Magic The Gathering Unlimited Edition Ancestral Recall card (the “Prize”).
The odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received. The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other substitution of the prize is permitted. Sponsor will not replace the prize (or any portion thereof) if it is lost or stolen. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to the prize. Each winner agrees to provide Sponsor with any additional information and complete any required tax or other forms relating to receipt of the Prize.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF A PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER AND WILL BE BASED ON THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE AND OTHER FACTORS AS PROVIDED BY LAW. THE WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE ALL NECESSARY TAX DOCUMENTATION IN CONNECTION WITH RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE.
- Notification of Winners. The winner will be notified by Twitter direct message and will be required to respond to such message within 48 hours of date/time email was sent by Sponsor. Each winner must also sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within two (2) days of Sponsor’s request. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails (e.g., resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by an email client or for insufficient space in an email account to receive an email). If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to respond to the email in the time allotted and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, their prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries. If the potential winner shall fail to comply with those official rules, that potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected by the Sponsor from all eligible entries, as set forth above.
- Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability.
- Sponsor and Sponsor’s Partner are not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties or any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Giveaway.
- IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, its Partner and each of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Giveaway, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Giveaway or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Giveaway to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Giveaway; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Giveaway, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to you (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, on the Sponsor’s promotional website located at https://sweepstakes.ftx.us/mtgcharitydraft and those of our partners and our social media channels (including https://instagram.com/ftx_official/, and https://www.twitter.com/ftx_official), without additional compensation.
- Additional Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion (a) the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, in all instances without liability to the entrants. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Giveaway or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
- Third Party Platforms. If this Giveaway is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Giveaway, entrants hereby release and agree to comply with all rules and policies set forth by such Third Party Platform and to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize related activities. This Giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
- Winners List. For the name of the prize winner, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner – FTX MTG Giveaway” as the email subject and specified in the body of the email. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period. The winner list will be available after the winner has been verified.
- This Giveaway is in no way sponsored by any of the Sponsor’s Partners. Any and all trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are proprietary to each respective Partner. All rights reserved.
- Sponsor’s Address: West Realm Shires Services, Inc. d/b/a FTX U.S., 2000 Center Street, Suite 400, Berkeley, California 94704.