FTX IMPACT SWEEPSTAKES
Sponsored by West Realm Shires Services Inc. dba FTX US (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The FTX Impact Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 12:01 AM ET and ends on April 30, 2022 at 11:59pm ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be submitted to the Sponsor on or before the end of the Sweepstakes Period (the “Entry Deadline”) through the means provided in Rule 3 in order to be eligible to win a Prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all winners.
1. Agreement to Official Rules. By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by these "Official Rules.”
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to (i) legal residents of Washington, D.C. and parts of Maryland or Virginia within 75 miles from the Capital One Area at 601 F Street NW, Washington, DC (ii) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Residents of any other territory, or any territory in which the Sweepstakes is void or prohibited by law, are disqualified from entry and shall not be considered when selecting the winner. Entries from legal residents of those affected territories or from countries and territories outside the United States shall be deemed void, without refund or other compensation to the affected entrants. Employees, officers, directors, members, partners, governors, contractors, and agents of Sponsor, of the Washington Wizards, the Washington Capitals, or Lincoln Holdings LLC dba Monumental Sports and Entertainment (collectively “Promotional Partners”), of the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, or Capital One Financial Corporation, or and the respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies of any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their respective immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are also not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the potential winner.
3. How to Enter. You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two ways:
(a) Entry via FTX App: During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by completing the following steps before the Entry Deadline:
i. You will need to download the FTX mobile app available on iOS, Android and/or the
web ("FTX App”) or scan the QR code provided by the Promotional Partners and create an FTX App account to participate via this method of entry, if you do not have the FTX App already.
ii. Entrants must download the applicable NFT and enter the code “WIZ22” for blocks and “CAP22” for saves as instructed by FTX when prompted in the FTX App to receive the NFT. Each entrant will need to complete applicable compliance requirements in order to successfully enter into the Sweepstakes; and
iii. Within the FTX App, entrants must hold the NFT for the entirety of the Sweepstakes Period.
b. Entries via the FTX App must be submitted and received by Sponsor no later than the Entry Deadline. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for such valid entry via FTX App.
c. Free Entry by Mail: To enter by mail without obligation, hand write on the front of a 3x5 card your name, address, city, state, zip, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth. Insert single card in an envelope and mail with sufficient postage to: The "FTX IMPACT" Sweepstakes to West Realm Shires Services, Inc. d/b/a FTX U.S., 2000 Center Street, Suite 400, Berkeley, California 94704. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and be received by Sponsor no later than May 10, 2022. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for such mail-in entry received as stated above. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
d. Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor may deem that an entry posted first in time is valid and disqualify any subsequent entries. Entries must be submitted to and received by Sponsor as provided in these Official Rules to be valid and eligible for a chance to be awarded a Prize. Entries that are incomplete, unintelligible, deceptive, or made by an ineligible person will be void. Entry by FTX App or Entry by Mail as provided by these Official Rules are the only methods for entering the Sweepstakes. Entries attempted by any other method will be void.
e. All entries become property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. No automatically generated, photocopies or other form of mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. The Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry.
g. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL
THAT ENTRANTS"S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS TO CLAIM A PRIZE HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND FULFILLED, AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. Prize Drawing and Odds: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing to be held on or around Friday, May 13, 2022 (“Drawing Date”). Two potential prize winners will be chosen at random from the pool of valid entries (each, a “Prize Winner”). Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received. The prize is non transferable, and no other substitution of the prize is permitted.
5. Prizes: Two prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes, a First Prize for “Washington Wizards Blocked Shots” and a Second Prize for “Washington Capitals Saves” (each, a “Prize”), to be paid in Bitcoin (BTC), as provided in more detail below:
a. Wizards Blocked Shots Prize: The Wizards Blocked Shots Prize will have an approximate retail value (“ARV”) calculated by multiplying $250 by the total number of Blocked Shots by the Washington Wizards in NBA regular season home and away games during the Sweepstakes Period. For purposes of calculating the value of the Prize, a “Blocked Shot” is a basketball shot attempted by the opposing team that deflected by a player for the Washington Wizards without incurring a penalty, as tallied in NBA official records. Fifty percent (50%) of the ARV of the Wizards Blocked Shot Prize will be paid as the Prize. The remaining fifty percent (50%) will be paid to Sponsor’s charity of choice. The ARV of the Wizards Blocked Shot Prize may vary depending on the number of Blocked Shots but will be no less than $20,000.00.
b. Capitals Saved Shots Prize: The Capitals Saved Shots Prize will have an approximate retail value (“ARV”) calculated by multiplying $50 by the total number of Saves by the Washington Capitals in NHL regular season home and away games during the Sweepstakes Period. For purposes of calculating the value of the Prize, a “Save” is a hockey shot attempted by the opposing team that the goaltender for the Washington Capitals prevents from entering the goal, as tallied in NHL official records. Fifty percent (50%) of the ARV of the Capitals Saves Prize will be paid as the Prize. The remaining fifty percent (50%) will be paid to Sponsor’s charity of choice. The ARV of the Capitals Saves Prize may vary with the actual number of Saves but will be no less than $20,000.00.
c. Responsibility for Provided Prizes. Prizes provided solely by Sponsor, and not the Promotion Partners or Sweepstakes Entities. The winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to the prize. Each winner agrees to provide Sponsor with any additional information and complete any required forms relating to your receipt of a Prize.
6. Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF A PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER AND WILL BE BASED ON THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE AND OTHER FACTORS AS PROVIDED BY LAW. THE WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A VALID TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER AND COMPLETE ALL NECESSARY TAX DOCUMENTATION IN CONNECTION WITH RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE.
7. Notification of Winners and Requirements for Claiming Prize. Each potential winner will be notified by email within [--] business days after the Drawing Date using the email address provided in the Entry. Each potential winner will be required to respond to such email within 48 hours of date/time email was sent by Sponsor by signing and returning to Sponsor any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release and satisfying other requirements of these Official Rules. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails (e.g., resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by an email client or for insufficient space in an email account to receive an email). If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to respond to the email in the time allotted and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, their prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries. If the potential winner shall fail to comply with these Official Rules, that potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected by the Sponsor from all eligible entries, as set forth above.
8. Prize Limitations. Limit One (1) Prize per Person. Winner may not assign or transfer a Prize or any part of a Prize and is not entitled to a substitute prize if unable or unwilling to accept or use the awarded Prize. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any Prize (or a component thereof) with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason. Any costs and expenses associated with accepting and using a Prize that are not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Winner. Some Prizes may require the Prize Winner to provide his or her own computer, mobile device, software, and Internet or mobile connection, and for any charges associated therewith will be the sole responsibility of Winner.
ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
9. Entrant’s Representations and Warranties: You hereby represent and warrant that you have complied with these Official Rules, that any and all information provided in your entry is true and complete, and that your participation in the Sweepstakes or publicity therefor and your acceptance and/or use of a Prize will not or conflict with any contract or collective bargaining agreement to which you are a party. You are not required by Sponsor to post your Entry or communicate that you are involved with the Sweepstakes to any social media platform, but if you do you represent and warrant that any such post or communication will comply with the Federal Trade Commission Guide Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising at https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/ guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify and deny a Prize to you if you breach any of the foregoing representations and warranties.
10. Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability.
a. Sponsor, the Promotional Partners, and the Released Parties are not responsible for and will not be liable in any way whatsoever for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email, postal mail, computer data transfer, or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, timekeeping, entry hosting, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties or any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, that may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes or accept or use a Prize; (iv) any injury, damage or loss to you or any other person, or to your property or the property of any other person, resulting from or related to, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, any act or inaction by you or another person in participating in the Sweepstakes, any activity or travel related to the Sweepstakes, or to acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof; or (vii) any force majeure event or other event not reasonably within control of Sponsor.
b. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS HEREINAFTER DEFINED) BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS, OR ATTORNEYS’ FEES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
11. Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, the Promotional Partners, the Sweepstake Entities and each of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes (the “Released Parties”), harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature (“Claims”) that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor"s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; or (iv) accepting possessing, receiving, using, or misusing any prize or any component thereof, or accepting, receiving, possessing, using, or misusing a prize or any part thereof.
12. Publicity. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to you (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor"s and Promotional Partner’s social media channels (including https://instagram.com/ftx_official/, and https:// www.twitter.com/ftx_official), without additional compensation.
13. Additional Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or
suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, if in Sponsor"s opinion (a) the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, public emergency, act of God or public enemy, communications equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor"s control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor"s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, in all instances without liability to the entrants. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
14. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
16. Winners List. For the name of the prize winner, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"Winner - FTX Impact Sweepstakes” as the email subject and specified in the body of the email. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period. The winner list will be available after the winner has been verified.
17. No Sponsorship. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored or endorsed by any of the Promotional Partners, whose participation in the Sweepstakes is limited to providing promotional support therefor, the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, or any of their respective teams and affiliates.
18. Trademarks. Any and all trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are proprietary to each respective Partner. FTX is a trademark of West Realm Shire Services, Inc. dba FTX US. WASHINGTON WIZARDS, the Wizards Logo, WASHINGTON CAPITALS, CAPITALS, CAPS, the Capitals Hockey Stick Logo, and the W Eagle Logo are registered trademarks of Lincoln Hockey LLP dba Washington Capitals. WASHINGTON WIZARDS and the Wizards Logo are registered trademarks of Washington Bullets LP dba Washington Wizards. Except to the extent permitted by law, using any of these trademarks without prior written approval of the owner is prohibited. All rights reserved.
19. Sponsor"s Address: West Realm Shires Services, Inc. d/b/a FTX U.S., 2000 Center Street, Suite 400, Berkeley, California 94704.