2 Factor Authentication is a required security feature on your FTX App and cannot be disabled. This is set to Email by default, but you have the option to change this to SMS or to get your codes via an authenticator app.
Follow the steps below to change your 2 Factor Authentication setting from email to SMS:
1. Tap the ⚙️ icon at the top right corner of your FTX App.
2. Select Security.
3. Tap Two-factor authentication.
4. Select SMS or Authenticator App.
5. You should see a prompt letting you know that withdrawals will be disabled for 24 hours for security reasons. Tap I understand.
6. Check your inbox for an email from us with a 2FA Code and enter the code in the app. Tap Continue.
If you chose to switch to using SMS:
1. Enter the phone number you would like to use to receive SMS codes and tap on Next.
2. Enter the two-factor token sent to your phone and tap Submit.
If you chose to switch to using an Authenticator App:
1. You will be presented with a QR code on the next page. Scan the QR code or copy the secret key to your authenticator app. Tap Next.
2. Copy the code from your authenticator app and paste it in the FTX App. Tap Submit.
If you have lost access to the email address you used to register in the app, please contact Customer Support.